Salam, Dear students MGT300.
Below are the tutorial questions for Chapter 2. Pls answer the questions in a group of 2 members. And submit it during our next class.
1. A competitive advantage is typically temporary, unless its a first-mover advantage.
2. An entry barrier is typically used to influence the threat of new entrants.
3. Switching cost are typically used to influence the threat of substitute products or services.
4. The Five Forces Model helps to determine the relative attractiveness of an industry.
5. Organizations can add value by offering lower prices or by competing in a distinctive way.
6. An entry barrier is typically used to influence the rivalry among existing competitors.
7. Competitive advantage occurs when an organization can significantly impact its
market share by
being first to market with a an advantage.
8. Buyer power, supplier power, threat of products or services, threat of new entrants
among existing competitors are all included in Porter's Five Forces
9. Switching costs are typically used to influence the threat of substitute products or
1. Describe three (3) Porter Generic Strategies. Support your answer with examples. (12 marks)
2. Porter's Five Forces Model is a one of common tools used in industry to analyze and
competitive advantages. List and describe each of the five (5) forces in Porter's Five
Model. (20 marks)
3. Michael Porter's Five Forces Model is one of the tools used by the organization to analyze
develop competitive advantages. Explain how information technology can develop a
advantage for each force in Five Forces Model. (20 marks)